Tuesday 21 December 2010

Onwards and upwards

So today has been quite eventful, I got up at 6am to drive back up to Milton Keynes from London for work and 3 hours later I found myself back at my point of origin.

This was after running out of screen wash on the M11 and having to drive 10 miles being unable to see much until I got to a garage, doing my first "London U-Turn" (hooray!), facing accidents, snow, other people's rubbish driving while arguing with my SatNav the whole way. Honestly the woman is a such a bitch, she doesn't shut up and is obsessed with the North Circular Road!

That said, as irate as I was it did give me a chance to explore my very soon-to-be new neighbourhood - yes that's right I am moving on - and we've found (yesterday) and been accepted (today) on a flat - woohoo! So excited :)

It's in Walthamstow so yeah E17! - (I have to keep reining myself in from singing choruses of #Alright, alright, everything's gonna be alright # - so far I have managed to stick to just think-singing it!) - and this is where I went for a little exploration today.

So what's Walthamstow like? Well the short answer is Ketteringy (this is my new adjective of the day). Those of you either still based in or originally from Northants will get what I mean, the rest of you may not, but yeah it's a bit like Kettering!

It's got more shops than Wellingborough but not as many as Numptyville. The shopping centre is a bit nicer than either Swansgate or Newlands (am sure anyone who is local to it is thinking "eh?" but if you've never been to Wellingborough you just don't know!) but that kind of place.

That said I got everything I needed which is very often easier said than done even in Numpty - the staff in Natwest were very helpful and I  had a nice cup of tea in a cafe while I was working so yeah I think it'll do nicely :)

Ooh excitement!

Will blog some more once things are completely sorted but for now....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

(Have managed to stick to just thinking that noise too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment